Fire power of Sun Mega Engine! Water power of Tsunami Scream! Wood power of Bamboo Planet 1000X Times! Metal power of 10,000 Ebony Handle Axes! Earth Power of Mountain Troll Magic! Marriage is Unstoppable Force like Wasabi Bullets of Love!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Twenty-oh-Seven

Exhausted from getting up at 3:30 am and travelling for 12 hours, we didn't feel like doing much for new years. So we made fondue together and at 10-till midnight, we filled our champaign glasses and headed outside to the our streetcorner, where we brag about having the best view on capitol hill. It was filled with people.

One block up the hill was a crowd of probably hundreds, completely blocking traffic and raising a fantastic chorus of "wooo"s and noisemakers. In front of us was an amazing, clear view of the space needle, blinking with little flashes of light. It suddenly lit up with fireworks, bursting out from the top and all around the space needle.

Our view was amazing, and the whole thing was so incredibly and unexpectedly beautiful. The energy of the crowd behind us was so celebretory, it felt just a little bit like the night the Gators won the basketball championship. We cheersed our neighbors as we all went back inside. Conor & I decided to have a new years eve party next year.

I felt sad much of the night. I miss Gainesville and all the people I got to see while I was in FL. But that fireworks show was special and lovely and I was happy to share it with my husband and best friend.

Happy New Year, everyone. Be happy and healthy and loving and loved.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is the first time in a while that I checked the blog, and OOPS, I missed an entry! That was a really nice narrative. I'm glad you had a nice New Year's Eve at the end of a very long day.

1:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home